Montana Natural Resources Youth Camp
Stipends and Sponsorships
How it Works
How it works for all sponsorships, the camper will indicate on their application what sponsorship they are applying for and must meet all requirements in order to be accepted for the sponsorship. In order to receive the sponsorship he/she must turn in a complete an application, letter of recommendation, with a $150.00 deposit. Once accepted and complete the full 6 days of camp, the deposit or any amount owed to the camper will be refunded within 5 working days after the last day of camp.
Want to Support our Camper Sponsorship Fund?
Campers are encouraged to contact their Local Montana Conservation District for sponsorship, which will cover much of the camp fee. Keep in mind that most Conservation Districts require you to send in your application for sponsorship several months before camp to allow for processing, so don't delay!
Campers need to apply themselves to received the sponsorship.
- The Montana Tree Farm System
- The Montana Society of American Foresters
- Montana Gear Up Program
- The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Montana Association of State Grazing Districts
- The Montana Stock Growers Association
- Blackfoot Challenge
- Clearwater Resource Council
- Blackfoot Home and Community Club
- Local wood products industry (sawmills, post and pole producers, lumber yards)
- USDA Forest Service employee organizations (check with your local National Forest District)
- Local businesses such as hardware stores, implement dealers, car dealerships
- High School Science Clubs
Travel Assistance Grants
Travel Assistance Grants (up to $100) areavailableupon request. If travel is a minimum 100 miles one-way, $1 per 10 miles traveled can be requested, up to a maximum of $100. (E.g. a camper from Hardin (one-way ~400 miles) could request an $80 travel assistance grant).
If you have questions please contact camp director, Christina Oppegard at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 406-243-2773.