Forestry Mini-College Webinar
March 8-17, 2021
This educational event for family forest landowners, forestry professionals and everyone interested in forestry, will feature eight total session broken into four sessions a week (Monday-Thursday). The 1.5 hour sessions will cover a variety of forestry topics and current issues.
Professionals from a variety of natural resources based agencies and industries as well as researchers from Montana State University and The University of Montana, present a variety of sessions for participants to choose topics of greatest interest.
- This year all online sessions are FREE to attend.
Sessions are an hour long with half an hour for questions, starting each day 6:00pm and ending 7:30pm (MST).
- There will be four sessions March 8th-11th (Monday - Thrusday) and three sessions March 8th-11th (Monday and Wednesday).
- Each attendee can register for all sessions. Webinar link is good for all sessions and the link will be emailed to you prior to March 8th.
- 4 ALP/PLH credits for professional loggers.
- If you have any questions please contact Christina Oppegard, MSU Extension Forestry office 406-243-2773.
2021 Mini College Recorded Sessions and Handouts
- Bed Bugs, a Montana Epidemic?
- Managing Weeds after Fire Handout
- Planting Trees, Small, and Large. Tips to be Successful - Presented by: Peter Kolb
- Montana Forest Insect and Disease Overview - Presented by: Amy Gannon
- Controlling Pocket Gophers - Presented by: Stephen M. Vantassell
- Mangaing Weeds after Fire - Presented by: Jane Mangold
- Thinning Guidlines bases on species and site productivity - Presented by: Dr. Mark Kimsey
- Bed Bugs - A Montana Epidemic? - Presented by: Laurie Kerzicnik
- Estate Planning: Protecting you Legacy - Presented by: Joel Schumacher