March 12, 2022
Forestry MiniCollege is a one-day educational workshop held on The University of Montana Campus in Missoula, Montana. Anyone interested in forestry is welcome.
Professionals from a variety of natural resources based agencies and industries as well as researchers from Montana State University and The University of Montana, present a variety of sessions for participants to choose topics of greatest interest.
- The event will be held on March 12, 2022
Check-in at the day of the event starts at 8:30am in the lower level of the Forestry building.
- Classes begin at 9:30am and continue through 4:00pm with a one hour lunch break at 12:00pm.
- The registration fee is $20, which covers a catered lunch, refreshments between classes and any handout materials from the classes.
- Each attendee can register for a maximum of 4 classes offered, at 60 minutes each.
- Upon receipt of a completed registration form and payment, MSU Extension Forestry will email (or regular mail) all registrants a personalized class schedule about a week prior to the workshop. Also included in the mailing will be a map with directions to the Forestry building.
- Free Parking is available anywhere on campus on Saturday.
- Attendance is worth up to 6 CFE credits for members of the Society of American Foresters and 4 ALP/PLH credits for professional loggers.
- If you have any questions please contact Christina Oppegard, MSU Extension Forestry office 406-243-2773.
- Forestry Mini-College Display/Information Booth Request Form
2021 Mini College Recorded Sessions and Handouts
- Bed Bugs, a Montana Epidemic?
- Managing Weeds after Fire Handout
- Planting Trees, Small, and Large. Tips to be Successful - Presented by: Peter Kolb
- Montana Forest Insect and Disease Overview - Presented by: Amy Gannon
- Controlling Pocket Gophers - Presented by: Stephen M. Vantassell
- Mangaing Weeds after Fire - Presented by: Jane Mangold
- Thinning Guidlines bases on species and site productivity - Presented by: Dr. Mark Kimsey
- Bed Bugs - A Montana Epidemic? - Presented by: Laurie Kerzicnik
- Estate Planning: Protecting you Legacy - Presented by: Joel Schumacher