Montana Project Learning Tree (PLT)
- National PLT: PLT.org
- Workshop Schedules and Registrations
- MT PLT workshops provide MT OPI units as well as MT Early Childhood Project credits.
- To request a workshop email or call Cindy Peterson
- For Facilitators
- For Steering Committee
PLT Introductary Videos and Curriculum Offerings
- Teaching with PLT is Fun and Hands-On
- PLT Uses Forests to Teach All Kinds of Subjects
- Curriculum Offerings
- PLT GreenSchools Engage your students in greening their school. We offer training for adults, tips on starting a student-driven GreenSchools program, how to obtain equipment and collect data, and ways to empower your students to design and learn an action project that uses the STEM skills.
- PLT GreenWorks Grants up to $1,000 to schools and youth organizations for environmental service-learning projects that link classroom learning to the real world. Students implement an action project they help design to green their school or to improve an aspect of their neighborhood's environment.
- Donors Choice Support a classroom, build a future. Teachers all over the U.S. need your help to bring their classroom dreams to life. Choose a project that inspires you and give any amount.
Montana PLT Newsletters:
PreK-8 Guide Resources by Activity (includes student pages PDF's)
- PreK-8 Guide Resources by Activity
- PDF booklets to use with activities
- #1 Shape of Things - Cut-Outs
- #1 Shape of Things - Booklet
- #4 Sounds Around - Booklet
- #5 Poet Tree - Booklet
- #28 Air Plants & #41 How Plants Grow - Photosynthesis
- #22 Adopt a Tree Booklet
- #34 Who works in this Forest.pdf
- #45 Web of Life - Activity Page
- #45 Web of Life - Animal Booklet
- #45 Web of Life - Plant Booklet
- #63 Tree Factory
- #67 Student Pages
- #67 Estimating Individual Tree Volume
- #67 Making Diameter Tapes
- #67 Tree Height - Proportional
- #67 Tree Height - Shadow
- #67 Tree Height - Stick Trick
- #68 Adult Guide MT.pdf
- #68 Kids Plant Guide & Activity
- #68 Name that Tree & #64 Looking at Leaves Booklet
- #76 Tree Cookies Student Pages
Sponsorship: Montana State University Extension, Montana DNRC, and the U.S. Forest Service, Northern Region are working in partnership to support the work of Montana Project Learning Tree to develop and deliver high quality natural resource education programs about forests and related resources to educators and students.