Saturday, March 23rd - Missoula
Forestry Mini-College is a one-day educational event for family forest landowners, forestry professionals and everyone interested in forestry, featuring a series of short classes on a variety of forestry topics and current issues.
Professionals from a variety of natural resources based agencies and industries as well as researchers from Montana State University and The University of Montana, present a variety of sessions for participants to choose topics of greatest interest.
Sessions are an hour long and start times are at 9:30am, 10:50am, 1:30pm and 2:50pm, and will be held in both the Forestry building (FOR) and Stone Hall (STON) on the University of Montana campus in Missoula.
- The registration fee is $20/person, which covers a catered lunch, refreshments between classes and any handout materials from the classes.
- Each attendee can register for a maximum of 4 classes offered (2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon) at 60 minutes each, with the exception of "Sawmilling and Horse Logging" is a all afternoon session.
- Parking is free anywhere on campus except for marked reserved spots on Saturday. The closest parking is between the Forestry building and Schreiber Gym as well as the parking garage located next to the Mansfield Library.
- Attendance is worth up to 6 CFE credits for members of the Society of American Foresters and 4 ALP/PLH credits for professional loggers.
- If you have any questions please contact Christina Oppegard, MSU Extension Forestry office 406-243-2773.
- 8:30am - 9:30am on the lower level of the Forestry building, room 106
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fruit, and assorted danish/muffins will be available as well as during breaks in room FOR106.
A buffet style Lunch will be served at 12:00pm on the 3rd floor of the University Center, North and South Ballroom. During lunch Kate Davis from Raptors of the Rockies will give a presentation. Lunch is included in the registration fee and will provide a vegetarian option.
Sawmilling and Horse Logging Session
- For the all afternoon session Sawmilling and Horse Logging, there will be bus transportation to and from Fort Missoula. The bus will leave at 1:30pm (after lunch) from the Forestry Building parking lot and will leave Fort Missoula at 3:50pm to return to the Forestry Building. We encourage participants to take advantage of the provided transportation as there is no extra fee.